If you’re interested in sensory ecology and the study of colour, there is a directory of labs and people that work in the field, along with a slack channel for chatting about papers, gear, and coordinating a journal club. All are welcome, just ask for an invite. There’s a very active community on twitter, including a bot for the latest papers, and a hashtag.
I also have the pleasure of being the web & social media officer for the Australasian Evolution Society, so please get in touch with any news or research you’d like to share.
Recent science books I’ve enjoyed:
- The Vital Question, Nick Lane.
- Nabokov’s Blues, Johnson & Coates.
- Remembrance of Earth’s Past Trilogy, Liu Cixin
And some works I regularly find useful:
- Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models, Gelman & Hill.
- Model Selection and Multimodel Inference, Burnham & Anderson.
- Bayesian Data Analysis, Andrew Gelman.
- The Ecology of Vision, John Lythgoe.
- Visual Ecology, Cronin et al.
- The Optics of Life, Sonke Johnsen.
The written material on this site is released under the CC-BY 4.0 license. The source code of the website itself is released under the terms of the MIT license. Neither of these apply to the pdf’s of journal articles (alas).